Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow on Cedars (or anything)

Ok, so there are no cedars here (edit apparently the shingle on our house are), and I didn't care much for the book, and this has nothing to do with that anyway.

Tomorrow I will be playing in the snow until my fingers are blue and my girl's cheeks are florescent. I envision a day of snow-cat building, sledding and maybe even ice skating. We will see. And later, to warm up, a cup of hot cocoa and some popcorn. (I better run out and get more cocoa.)

I do wish I were 4 again, so I can really appreciate the fun of snow. For a little while tomorrow, I will be 4, until my knees start to hurt and my cheeks sting. That will take about 15 minutes...and she will want to be out for 2 hours. Layers, natch.

Sofia was so cute tonight, it was snowing hard and she was so excited by the snow. She ran crazy circles in the yard and fell giggling in the snow to make a snow angel...over and over, and over again. She just stood there, with her tongue hanging out, a look of pure happiness on her face as she was trying to catch a snowflake. (easy enough, if you open your mouth out there at this time, you would get a cup of snow flakes.)

We came in for hot cocoa and soup. I want to be 4, to feel what she feels and love it.

No comments: